For Christmas we received three Best Buy gift cards from our kids. The purpose of the gift cards was to purchase a video camcorder for my wife to use in her business. She gives presentations and wanted to video them and then upload these to her computer and YouTube for training purposes.
Her first opportunity to use it would not be until March when she would go to Australia but our kids wanted to help us purchase it. So after Christmas we journeyed to our local Best Buy located at 11525 Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, Kansas.
Now we had already done our research and had a list of the best camcorders. When we arrived, we noticed Best Buy had a sale on one of the camcorders on our list. The only issue, it was a floor model.
We were assured by the Best Buy Sales Representative that it was "as good as new" and that they had the original accessories and software that came bundled with it.
We decided to it. It was the JVC Model GZ-HD300BU.
We were assured by the Best Buy Sales Representative that my wife would be able to take video, upload it with the bundled software without any assistance.
The first use of the new camcorder finally came during a trip my wife took to Australia where she spoke in four different cities.
When she returned to the states she attempted to get the videos off the camcorder but was unable to do so. She asked me to do it. I was busy so it took several weeks before I got to it. I had the same issue. I did some quick research and decided it was going to take some time to fix this so I put it on my schedule for down the road.
Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to do get to it. After four hours of research, this is what I discovered.
- We had purchase a JVC HD camcorder.
- The Best Buy Sales Representative had given us the Everio MediaBrowser software for the SD camcorder.
- I then tried to download the Everio MediBrowser software from the JVC website.
- However, I was not able to download the software because you can only download an update and in order to get the update to work you have to have an earlier version of the same kind of MediaBrowser Software. Since I had the SD version, the HD update said, "You cannot use the update because you do not have this software loaded".
- I called the Best Buy at 11525 Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, Kansas. I asked for the video department. The Best Buy Video Sales Representative told me it was proprietary software and they did not carry it.
- Is that not stupid! Best Buy sells the camcorder but not the software that goes with it. Can we say "Best Buy, Worst Customer Service".
- Then this same Best Buy Video Sales Representative actually told me to go to MicroCenter Store to purchase the software. Can we say "Best Buy, Worst Customer Service".
- I asked the Best Buy Video Sales Representative why I should have to pay for additional software to do what the JVC bundled software was suppose to do?
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative said, "Your right, you can just bring the camera back".
- Today my wife and I took the camera back to our local Best Buy store located at 11525 Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, Kansas.
- When were arrived the Best Buy Customer Service Representative had to get the Best Buy Video Sales Representative.
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative first said, "You can just download the software."
- Either the Best Buy Video Sales Representative lied or he was ignorant of the fact that you cannot download the JVC software.
- When I informed him of this he attempted to download it but could not.
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative then attempted to tell that the software would work and we just had not installed it properly.
- I am an IT Director so I shot that comment down in a hurry. He backed off that comment.
- I had the Best Buy Video Sales Representative install it and he discovered that it would not work.
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative then showed us how we could MANUALLY download the video files.
- But wait, the original Best Buy Sales Representative sold us the camcorder because it had this type of soffware that made download to the PC seamless. I told him the manual download was not acceptable because we had purchased the camcorder in part because of the interface software.
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative then said, "You don't want the JVC software. It's really worthless. You would be better off just downloading them manually".
- My response was "No, we purchased it in part for the software."
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative then said, "None of the bundled software that comes with the camcorders is any good. The JVC software is no good. The Sony bundled software is even worse. The Canon is OK but it's not really any good either."
- Now that is an amazing statement. This Best Buy Video Sales Representative is telling me they sold me a camcorder, because of the bundled software, but now that bundled software is really worthless. In fact the Best Buy Video Sales Representative is really saying that all the camcorders they sell have worthless interface software.
- The Best Buy Video Sales Representative then told me that he could sell me software to do what the bundled software was suppose to do.
- But I said why should I have to pay again to purchase software to do what I the bundled software was supposed to do, for which I had already paid, and would do it they had given me the right software. This made no sense.
- I asked to talk to a supervisor.
- The supervisor admitted the following:
- Best Buy sold you the wrong software.
- Best Buy will not take the camcorder back because it is past the 14 days
- Best Buy will make it right buy selling you additional software to do what the JVC software was suppose to do but does not because they gave you the wrong software.
So here is the bottom line.
Best Buy can sell you a camcorder with the wrong software and as long as it gets past the 14 days, they will not make it right even thought they admit that they gave you the wrong software.
On top of that they will attempt to sell you additional software to do what the bundled software was suppose to do, but does not do, because they gave you the wrong software. In other words they will attempt to make a profit off of you even when it is their mistake.
This is why even though they are called Best Buy, they have the Worst Customer Service.
So in light of their award for the Worst Customer Service some have suggest that the new name of Best Buy should be Worst Buy.
- December 2015
- November 2015
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- September 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
TagsApproach Arbonne Arbonne bankruptcy Arbonne Chapter 11 arbonne restructuring arbonne results Arbonne Urban Myth business business builder business builders chapter 11 bankruptcy Christ Church Consultant Dr. Charles King Failure failure rate God gold bag gold bag drop gold bag drop off gospel of john Greg Loveless group presentation group presentations Jesus John Kits life network Network Marketing nvp presentation system pyramid scheme residual income Results Approach risk RVP Saint Paul Scripture Spirit System time Urban Myth volume